Ground Marshall Duties
• Four Ground Marshalls will be allocated from duty teams. One should be near the dugouts on Field 1, one near the coaches and subs on Field 2 and two roaming around the Small Sided Games and covering the other side of Fields 1 & 2.
• Ground Marshall/s must be over the age of 18 years and should not be working in the “technical area” coaching or managing a team while on duty as a marshall.
• The Ground Marshall/s has the right to retain an authority and control that reflects the positive aspects of the Associations and the Clubs “Code of Conduct”. (The code of conduct sign is always in position at the top of the steps accessing the fields.)
• The Ground Marshall/s is the only person permitted to approach the referees.
• A committee member will always be in attendance as the “go to” person to lend support and advise on required action/s whenever a ground marshall feels ill equipped to handle a situation that has arisen.
• The Ground Marshall/s shall, when performing duties maintain unbiased opinions / views and ensure appropriate behaviour befitting the role and as a representative of the Club.
• Referees have the right to delay a game until ground marshalls are in position.
1. Wear the approved fluro coloured GM jacket
2. Be mindful where the First Aid facility and stretcher are located
3. Assist referees with correcting nets if required
4. Circulate around the allocated field/s to ensure visibility
5. Position yourself in your assigned area and resume an ‘active’ observers role
6. Spectators should be guided / encouraged to stand behind the ‘parent line’ or within the allocated viewing area with emphasis away from the Goal areas
7. Ensure only registered Coaches / Managers / Substitutions whose names appear on the team sheet have taken up position within the Technical areas provided near half way
8. Address unruly / unsportsmanlike behaviour and restore clam where required
9. Report misconduct - including disputes, foul and abusive language by any persons at the ground. Report should be captured in the Incident Book located within the Clubroom
10. Secure unleashed dogs to minimize risk to the animal, players, officials and spectators
The Ground Marshall's duties / responsibilities are to assist and contribute to the quality management of Junior Soccer on match days and provide a pro-active service to all visitors and members at Helensburgh Park.