Game Day Procedures
Game Day Set Up - Download pdf
- A committee member will open:-
- the compound
- the container on the west side of the clubroom
- the clubroom (where the BBQ is stored)
- the easternmost room (the office) – an AK2 key for the toilets is in the right hand cupboard
- the canteen
SETTING UP FIELDS
- A member of the committee will confirm the fields which require setup.
- Do a general scan of the fields for broken glass/stones/dog droppings etc.
- Fill in any major holes on the fields.
Field 1 and Field 2
- Nets, pegs and hammers are in the bins in the container marked with the field names.
- Ladders are also in the container.
- Flags are to be placed on the corners and at half way (flags at half way are placed just over a metre from the sideline).
- No flags are placed on fields other than field 1 and field 2.
Under 8 and 9’s
- The under 8’s and 9’s goals are separate portable goals in the container and labeled U8’s.
- The under 8’s and 9’s fields are overlaid on the 6/7’s fields and will be marked when they are playing.
- The ground will have to be cleared and reset up for the Under 6’s.
- Set up all 8 X U7 fields with the portable SSG goals (make sure 3 pegs are used to secure each goal).
- Place the small (blue) cones at the corners and half way lines of each field.
- U6’s require 6 X U6 fields set up with the portable SSG goals.
- Make sure 3 pegs are used to secure each goal.
Bins (stored in the compound)
- Place one recycle bin (yellow top) and one general purpose bin at each of: the grandstand
- near field 2
- halfway down field 1 on the turf cricket pitch
- near the canteen.
- A table and two chairs are to be placed in front of the office (the eastern end of the building).
- Team sheets for the days games will be inside the office and are to be placed on the table.
- A sheet detailing the games to be played should be with the teamsheets. –
Place the “Marshalling Area” sign near the table and the Code of Behaviour sign near the top of the stairs leading on to the ground.
- The BBQ is stored in the clubroom.
- Sausages, eggs, bacon and bread will be provided. If more is needed, meat is bought from Helensburgh Butchery, other supplies from anywhere. Just lodge a receipt with the canteen if further purchases are made.
- If the gas runs out there should be a spare full bottle. If not, go to the service station for an exchange. Again, lodge the receipt with the canteen.
- Start BBQ at about 8am and be ready for the rush after the first games finish.
- BBQ orders and money are taken in the canteen. Vouchers are kept at the BBQ until the end of the day and used to balance the money by the committee person allocated to counting the canteen money on the day.
- Instructions for setting up the canteen are on the wall inside the canteen.
- Aim to open at 8am but someone needs to be in there by 7:45 to ensure things are ready.
Barricades on the field
- Use the plastic coated steel poles and the rope all stored in the container to rope out these areas.
- Stay about 1½ metres from the sidelines.
Barricades on the road
- Put out witches hats as barricades across the road at the ticket box and opposite the club house door.
- On senior game days, access from Boomerang St will be blocked and the barricade opposite the club house door will not be required.
- One official should stay available to the marshalling area at all times to answer queries and to check team.
- Ideally there should be officials near the dugouts on field 1 and near the halfway of fields 2.
- Three other duty parents should be near the fields (one on the 7’s and two others roaming the 6’s, 8’s and 9’s area.
- All officials should wear the yellow (or orange) vests available (from near the referees room).
- Clean implements behind the bar in the clubhouse.
- Wash any leaked oil off the concrete walkway.
- Clean the BBQ as if it was your own.
- Place the BBQ back in the clubroom (unless the Thistles are playing at home in which case it will be taken to the western end of the clubhouse at about 12:30pm.)
- Instructions are in the canteen
- Ensure all pegs are picked up … they are dangerous if left I the ground.
- Take nets in the right bins back into the container.
- Take portable goals set up on the day back to the compound.
- Remember to place the hole covers back in their holes.
- If the seniors are playing at home Field 1 (and perhaps even field 2) is left set up. Check with Greg Rendell on 0411 273 338 whether Field 2 is needed. If the Conference League are not at home check with Greg Rendell on the requirements for both fields 1 & 2 in the afternoon.
- Ensure toilets, office, canteen, clubroom (front and back, and both top and bottom latches of the front steel doors), compound and container are all locked.
- Return bins and witches hats to the compound.